to Beaumont leys School Web Radio! There are 3 stations available, all broadcasting
local history news.Simply select the channel of your choice by clicking
on the buttons on the left.
This site contains radio news items researched and presented by Students
from Beaumont Leys School, Leicester. The project was made possible by Sly
Community Arts, a local group offering multimedia workshops for all ages.
Students were asked to put together a radio broadcast style CD recording. Students
devised interview questions to ask members of staff about local heritage and
recent local history. The students created a fully edited programme of these
recorded interviews, including mood music or soundscape. Students also built
their own 'Web radio' pages to house their work on the net.
1. To encourage students to see history as part of their own lllllllheritage.
2. Familiarise students with different media styles, sound recording lllllltechnology
3. To put history into a modern context.
4. Encourage students to look at the cultures of historical societies.
5. Conduct research on the net.